Sunday, September 4, 2016

What a Week!                                                                                                            August 22, 2016

I had four big things happen this week...

1. I ate Caja China. It's amazing! It's pork that sits in a box with charcol on top for two or three hours and it cooks. the pork melted in my mouth it was amazing! I expect Uncle Aaron and Uncle Jake to recreate it when I get home. ;) 

2. We had  our stake conference and guess who said the opening prayer and recieved the Melchizedek Priesthood... CESAR!!!!!!! My convert from Tahua!!! He moved from Tahua to Comas and I got to see hime!! It was so awesome to see him!! I miss their family a lot!! 

3. This was sad... Remember Edwin.. Our half convert? He died this week. He got baptized and 3 weeks later he died. He had diabetes and couldn't feel his legs. He had an accident and his legs became infected and they died. He couldn't move and get food and practically starved to death. We did everything we could to help, as well as the bishop and the ward, but he is now resting peacefully with our Heavenly Father. It was sad but It's okay. He need to go home. :( 

4. We had our zone conference with President!! We did practices with him!!! Crazy!! He taught us a ton of things but on of the things I loved that he shared was Alma 13: 24. He said that we all have angels that are helping us along the way. He said that our investigators are being prepared by their angels. I loved that! 
It was a good week!! I hope you allhave a great week as well! Love you all!

--- Hermana Hicken


No comments:

Post a Comment