Monday, December 21, 2015

Feliz Navidad!!!!

Wow, it's already Christmas??? I can't believe it! It doesn't seem like Christmas time but it seriously is! I love Christmas time, it's always been my favorite holiday. It's completely different here and I love it! Everyday we testify about the birth of Christ and his importance in our lives! And I testify that Su Expiación es la mas importante cosa en esta vida! (His atonement is the most important thing in this life). We cannot live with our Heavenly Father again WITHOUT the Atonement.

Our Christmas tree

I learned something really cool this week while taking the Sacrament: there were two priests blessing the Sacrament. While we were singing the hymn, I was watching them break the bread. One was breaking it hurriedly and quickly, trying to finish before the song ended. The other was breaking it slowly, and carefully, and singing along. The Sacrament isn't some hurried thing that we take once a week. It should be the pinnacle of our week. We should look forward to renewing our covenants and should do it with reverence and respect. Just something I learned that I wanted to share. :) 

This week was great! On p-day our Zone did a gift exchange. Elder Patzi got me and I got Elder Sanchez. I gave Elder Sanchez a cool wallet thing (what do you get an elder??) and I got these earrings and a wallet thing. It was awesome. We then watched The POLAR EXPRESS! Way too trunkie for me! :) 

My Christmas gift from Elder Patzi
Anyway, this week we also had revision de Cuarto. Hna Erickson (wife of president) came to our apartment and made sure that all was well. We cleaned like crazy!! I'm very grateful that my father taught me how to clean. :) Thanks dad! 

We had a visita de trabajo con E' Mickelson. So the first time we had a visit with him, I was so nervous I couldn't say the first vision. I’m happy to say that this time, I was able to share the first vision, and I said it with power and the Spirit! Pretty awesome!! :) 

We also had interview with President Erickson. He promised my comp y yo that if we have 10 investigators in the church every Sunday, this area is going to flourish like none other. We're working hard on that. This past week we had two, next week we want more, but it’s not just our job, it's also the job of the ward! They need to help us. 

We're getting more and more references every day! My comp and I have started saying that la obra misional es 10 percent missionaries and 90 percent members. We teach and they do everything else. They support, and help, and once we're gone, they're there to stay and answer questions. That's why it’s so important to have member missionaries! 

Anyway, this week was great!! Thank you all! And have a great Christmas! Love you!! 
--- Hermana Hicken

 
Hooray!  Watermelon is in season!  They are huge.



No comments:

Post a Comment