Monday, December 7, 2015

Metas, Metas, METAS!!!!!!!‏

Another week aqui en La Misiòn Perù Lima Norte!! Navidad is slowly starting to arrive in Lima! It's not the same here as it is in America. For one... there's no snow! And two... Santa Claus (papa noel) is about ten times creepier. 

Monday: after emailing we went and ate lunch and then played games like capture the flag and ultimate frisbee. The Latinas had NO idea what Ultimate Frisbee is so we had fun teaching them how to play! :) It was a pretty normal day. 

Tuesday we had our weekly meeting with our zone. We talked about our Metas (goals) for this month. The goal for Chinchaysuyo this month is 3 baptisms with 1 man over 18 and 1 family. The goal for Tahuantinsuyo is 14 baptisms with 4 men over 18 and 4 families. It's pretty awesome! We're trying to make our goal! Also I met a woman from Utah, she took a picture of me and my companion and tried to get presidente in the picture with us... that's kinda against the rules and it's the presidente so we said no thanks and left.... but yeah. 

Wednesday: I ate hìgado (liver) for lunch and it was really good! As pictured here. 
(This picture was sent to me -mom- through facebook from a member)

Thursday we had another meeting with our zone where we talk about the goals of the mission. This month the mission goal is 130 baptisms. The goal for the year is 1600 baptisms and I think we have about 1500 baptisms right now. It’s crazy! We also talked about our normas de la mision. Cada week we are supposed to have 32 lessons and 100 contacts. Well, now we have to have 32 lessons, 70 contacts and 15 references. It's pretty awesome! I'm excited to work with this new goal! 

The rest of the week was normal. Maria y Manuel still need to get married! Like NOW!! We're starting their papers this week!   The coolest thing happened while I was teaching Maria and Manuel about the plan of salvation and I had this feeling to share with them the picture of us (the whole family). I bore my testimony about how one decision that my parents made 21 years ago has blessed us eternally! The spirit was so strong. I know that our family will be together forever! It was so cool! :)

Friday we had a visita de Trabajo (exchanges) with the hermana leaders. I stayed in my area with Hna Rodriguez. It was cool to kinda be in charge for once. 

Oh, Sunday: I also ate chicken hearts!! Really yummy. I promise! 

Anyway, that’s it for this week! Thank you so much for all the support! I love you all! 

Also pictured: a gigantic nativity scene... takes up half the room! 
---Hermana Hicken


No comments:

Post a Comment