Monday, December 14, 2015

Well, this week it was humid and hot!!  Apparently, its ten times worse in February so that'll be interesting to see! :) Anyway, this week was fun! First, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGES!! I have enjoyed the goodies inside and I’m so grateful!! Thank you!! :) 


Funny story... Okay, I get a lot of attention here because I’m a gringa. I get a lot of unwanted attention. I get a lot of "hellos" "how are you" in English and I always ignore it, but one time my comp and I were just getting super annoyed with some drunk men who were being... drunk. So while they were trying to say hello to me, my comp said, "Ella es de Alemania no Estados unidos." She pretty much said that I’m from Germany not the states. That got them to be quiet! :) Now anytime people try to talk to me in English we say that I’m from Germany. :) 

Anyway this week was good. After emailing last week, we went and ate at Chili's. TRUE AMERICAN FOOD!!!!!


The rest of the week was normal. On Wednesday we did service. We cleaned the rooftop of a building! That was fun! Sadly, I don’t have pictures but my comp does so maybe I’ll steal them from her. :) 

Maria y Manuel are doing okay.  Maria is amazing and one of my heroes! She's one of those ladies that takes everyone in and takes care of them no matter what. She loves everyone. She's also really scary when she's mad! It’s interesting! :) 

We picked up a new investigator named Enrique... he's a doctor and we teach him in his clinic. He's awesome! He has so many great questions that we are able to answer! I love it! 

Navidad is coming up! If you haven't seen the new Christmas video you need to. And please remember Christ this Christmas. CHRIST FOR CHRISTmas. Yeah, anyway, here’s a picture of a nativity WITHOUT Christ. It looks so lonely right? Don't forget Christ. ;) Anyway, love you all! Have a great week!! :) 

--- Hermana Hicken




The sun over the ocean




No comments:

Post a Comment