Monday, November 2, 2015

A very cold week... oh and HALLOWEEN!!!‏

Hola todos personas! How are you? This week was kind of boring (sorry) so, after I wrote last week our zone (18 missionaries) went to Rustica. It's kind of like Olive Garden. I had pasta and this amazing yummy frozen lemonade! It was so good! We didn't do much after that.

Hna Toscano and me. She leaves for home (Ecuador) next week. 

On Tuesday we were teaching this investigator and he was trying to tell us that palm reading isn't bad at all... he tried to read my hands and decided that my parents are either separated (divorced) or very distant. Mom, do you have something to tell me? ;)

 On Wednesday we did service. We cleaned up the yard of a member and WOW was it hard! We were shoveling dirt out and carrying it to another pile of dirt. We worked for hours! And after 3 hours... we were half way done... so we’re gonna go back this week and do more. 

We also had visita de trabajo. That’s when we go on exchanges with the hermana leaders. I went with HNA Williams. It was awesome because I was able to learn a ton from how she teaches and I was able to talk to her. She’s a gringa. 

We also had Halloween. Sadly, the people here do not celebrate Halloween like we do. Yes, the niños do ask for candy, but they don't have parties and decorate like we do. It’s kinda sad :/ oh well.
Josue is not getting baptized… yet. BUT we got a new investigator named Mayra. She’s awesome! She's getting baptized on the 21st of November! 

Well that's all for this week! I love you all and thank you for your prayers! They really mean the world to me! Love you! 


- Hermana Hicken

The only gringas in our zone!
View of Lima



No comments:

Post a Comment