Monday, November 23, 2015

(Editor mom's note: This letter was sent 11/16/15)
Futbol for life!‏

Hey y'all! 
Well this week has been crazy! After emailing, we went right back to work. We proselyted and taught because on Tuesday we had a mundialito with the whole mission! 

So Tuesday was our PDAY. On Tuesday, from 8 am to 2 pm we played futbol. Each zone was a team and we each got our own jerseys. Tahua (my zone) got 3rd place... I think, I'm not really sure. :) But it was a ton of fun! I met the whole mission... which isn't a ton, as you can see from the picture it's only like 250 or so. Anyway, the sun was out and we all got super sunburnt, I mean, really sunburnt. I look like I have a disease right now because I’m peeling, but oh well, it was a ton of fun! :) 

Team Tahua (my zone)





Hna Pugmire and me. We were in allstate choir together

 After futbol we came back and got ready for proselyting. We had dinner with Percy and Lilli (picture). We had papa johns! So yummy! 


Percy and Lilli

  
Satanas y Jesucristo. guess which is which :)




Best chicken and arroz and papas fritas ever! with... guess... BEETS!!!

And finally a Peruvian who is taller than me!! ;)

Wednesday we had a special conference with presidente about the promises of the Book of Mormon and how its super important to be direct with your investigators. 

Mayra with me and my comp
The rest of the week was pretty normal so I’ll just tell stories... :) Mayra is getting baptized on the 28th of this month. We found Josue! After two weeks of looking, we found him and we talked with him. He's been SUPER busy and hasn't been able to talk to us but we got another appointment with him and hopefully he'll be there. Two cool experiences... 1. One day we were teaching one of our other investigators and she was saying the closing prayer and in my head I asked Heavenly Father to bless her, and I heard back, you need to pray for her. I realized at that moment that I wasn't praying for her specifically!! SO, I’ve started praying for her. Second... I was reading in the bible and was thinking, if I were living in the time of Jesus would I believe in Him? And the thought came to my head... You are believing without seeing. Just two cool experiences that I had.

We're also teaching this family, they aren't married but they've been together for 12 years. They're pretty great! Anyway that's it for now. The language is fine, I can finally understand but I still can't speak. Anyway, thank you so much for all the prayers and yeah! Love y’all!    

- Hermana Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment