Monday, November 9, 2015

A Sunday of miracles!‏
Hola everyone! This week was crazy, but absolutely amazing. So it started out kinda rough, PDAY we didn't do much. I met my "Abuela" in the mission. She is hna Aguilera’s trainer. That was cool. We didn't do much after that.

Tuesday, tambien, no mucho. We did divisiones, that's when I go with a member and my comp goes with another member and we teach separately. It was kinda nice to be in charge for a little while. :)

Wednesday we had visita de trabajo con one of our zone leaders again, he told me that I really need to work on my Spanish but that it's a ton better than it was when I got here... It really is better. 

Thursday... On Thursday things switched 180 degrees. My comp and I had reunion de zona. We went over our metas (our goals) for the month and after we came back and talked and fixed some of the problems that we had. Almost immediately we felt better and we now work better as a companionship.

Friday we taught Mayra about tithing and promised her that if she paid her tithing she would be blessed. She’s a little apprehensive but she's going to try it. We also went to the market about bought a ton of fruit! And it's good fruit! ;) (Jody here: Sarah loves fruit and hasn't been able to find it/afford it on her mission these past few weeks so this is a happy thing for her!)

Saturday, Mayra didn't show up for her interview... We called and called but she wasn't there. We played futbol in the morning and I actually did alright! I almost made a goal but a little Peruvian Elder was a little bit quicker than me and got there first and stopped me ;)

Sunday was the best day... Okay, it started out bad. Mayra and Josue didn't come to church which means we have to push their baptism dates back again... It’s really frustrating when you have a solid investigator and they don't come. But we're staying positive and were going to try to talk to them today. After church and lunch we did divisiones again. I went with Michelle. She's an RM and she's awesome. We started out by teaching a new family. Maria y Manual. They’ve been together for 12 years but they aren't married. When we got there Maria wasn't very happy because Sunday is the only day that she can be with Manual, he works every other day. But I told her (in Spanish) that our message is for the family and can be taught in 15 minutes. She let us in and we started teaching. The spirit was so strong in that lesson. When we got to the first vision I recited it word for word with no mistakes and without looking down. Afterwards, we waited for a few seconds. The spirit was SO STRONG it was seriously almost tangible. I then bore my testimony and invited them to be baptized. They both said that they would like to be baptized. Maria said, that she's been looking for a way to become clean spiritually and she thinks she found it. AHH!!!! Afterwards, Michelle told me that she had never felt the spirit that strong on her mission and that my Spanish is a ton better! 

The Gift of Tongues truly works! I went through all of Sunday speaking Spanish and I actually understood people. I'm not perfect in Spanish, I still need a ton of help forming sentences but It's amazing how quickly you can pick it up when you have the help of the Lord. One of the people we contacted yesterday thought it was amazing that I could learn a language in 2 months. I again testified to him that the Spirit was helping me learn. Well that's all for now. This week has been crazy but awesome! Thanks for all of your support and prayers! 
The church is true! 
- Hermana Hicken
The View


Sunset (over the ocean)
My companion and a dog
(I asked Sarah how long her hair was getting so she sent me this picture.
She's standing in front of the windows in their apartment.
They have to cover the windows with brown paper.)

No comments:

Post a Comment