Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I SHOOK ELDER RASBAND'S HAND!!!‏                   June 13, 2016


Shut the front door!! Yes, I did shake an apostle's hand.... I'm never washing it again!!  
This week was crazy. The biggest stuff that happened was Tuesday and Friday.
 
On Tuesday we had our LAST Training by Pres. Erickson.. It was bittersweet. we learned a ton about the atonement. And we did a practice about the law of chastity. Guess who came to sit by us... Pres Erickson! Dang it!! I had been avoiding having a practice with him my whole 9 months here and I had succeeded!! Until now... but it was awesome!!! He told me that I taught with the spirit which is the best compliment I've heard come from his lips. :) 

Friday.... Elder Rasband came. We were to have our training with him in the morning... now... We are very far away from Los Olivos (where the training would take place) and we had to be in the church by 6 AM!!! Guess what time i woke up... 2 AM!!! We had to be at a meeting point at 4 AM and the bus would leave at 4:30. but we're in Peru and there is Peruvian time so the bus didn't get here til 5 am. With strong words on the part of president Erickson, the bus driver almost flew us to Los Olivos. We got there in half an hour when it usually takes and hour and a half.

At 8 am Elder Rasband, his wife, Elder Hugo Montoya and his wife came. We all got up and all 600 of us shook their hands. (We were with two other missions) When Elder Rasband spoke he told us that before he got here he shook hands with Pres. Monson and so we literally were one handshake away from the president of the church! 

The main thing that I got out of the training was that we as missionaries and members can share the gospel without opening our mouths to speak... guess how... SMILE AND SPARKLE! Smile with your teeth and sparkle in your eyes. Others see that and they want that! 

He spoke about so many things and I would LOVE to share all of them with you!!! It was amazing and the spirit was so strong!!! HE truly is an apostle of the Lord!!  

I felt like a zombie afterwards and I looked like one too! ;) but it was an awesome experience that i'll never forget!!! The rest of the week was super normal!!! Thanks for all the love and support!! Have a great week!! I love you all!! (sorry, no pics this week... no time to send)

--- Hermana Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment