Monday, May 9, 2016

Cambio, Compañera, Capacitando...‏ 
(transfer, companion, training - per google translate)
https://bay181.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://bay181.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://bay181.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://bay181.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gif
Well, we've got changes!! My comp is leaving and I'm staying here in Canto Grande. I'm literally in charge of family history for half of the mission... and I am training, not a NEW sister, but a sister who knows nothing about family history... That will be fun... ;) 

But I am super excited for this change. My new comp is Hna Jimenez. She came in one change after me. We were in neighboring zones so I know a little bit about her. I am excited!!!! :) 

Well this was a good week! We went to the temple again! This time with wiesse (the zone). As you can tell... Elder Parra was very excited to be on the bus.... Yes, the one in front... :)

A cool thing happened. I’ve been looking at my family tree and I found an ancestor from 1500's that hadn’t been baptized. So I got him baptized at the Lima Temple! That's super cool to me. :) I love going to the temple! There is so much peace there and I truly feel such love from being even near the House of the Lord!! 

Also, since it is cambios (transfers) I had to say goodbye to one of my good friends from my mission. Elder Melgar is dying... mission wise, not health wise. He was my first District Leader and I followed him here to San Juan. So it was crazy. It’s crazy when the people you get to know start leaving... 

Well, I also got to talk to my dear mother yesterday!! It was so good to see you all. I’ve missed you all a ton!!

On Sunday in Relief Society the primary came in and did a special program for all the women.. Both my comp and I got roses. A little girl came up to me and said, "one day you'll be a mom" WHAT??? That was interesting... 

This week was an awesome week for me and my comp... :) It is getting colder which is annoying, but it's fine. :) I love you all. I hope you had a great mother’s day! I love you all!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!


--- Hermana Hicken

(I asked Sarah where she was for this picture and she told me she was the third one from the right.  I told her I could pick my daughter out of a group of six missionaries - I was wondering what building they were in!  Maybe next week I'll find out.)


Bus trip to the temple (it takes an hour because of traffic)



Talking with Sarah on Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment