Monday, October 12, 2015

Gringa in a Latina World‏
Hola everyone! I'm just going right into it. It's been a crazy week and a half. I left the CCM at 6:30 a.m. last Tuesday and we drove to our mission. After a large training in which I realized that I know nothing concerning the gospel and Spanish, we had lunch, which was pizza (that was a tender mercy), and I met my companion. Hermana Aguilera. She's from Argentina. She's been out for 8 months and she is awesome! She knows English and she loves los estados unidos (the US).  She’s been super patient with me and she has been helping me a ton.

We went to our area, Chinchasuyo, and went straight to work. I've noticed that I am getting better and better every day with feeling the spirit and learning Spanish. We have a few investigators, Humberto and Iraida. I try my best to talk to them. I bear my testimony and in our last lesson with Iraida, I said the first vision and yeah! We also do a ton of contacting! So I’ve meet a ton of people. I cannot tell you how many people have stared at me because I’m white and I don't look like anyone else (brown hair, blue eyes).  We're really close to the members, especially two families. I have some pictures that I can share with ya'll. The food here is amazing. I love it! They have this stuff called Chaufa. It’s Chinese and it's super yummy! Yes, I still eat rice with every meal. Soccer is life. We play soccer every Lunes, Miercoles, y Sabado. On Sunday we went to church. I bore my testimony because they "present" the missionary to the ward. The ward is TINY like as big as our RS at home. TINY!!!!!!!!! The ward is super nice and they are trying really hard to make me feel welcome. 

Conference was awesome! I’m definitely going to “ponderize” a scripture every week. My spiritual experience this week: I was not having a good day one day, and my Compañera sat me down and we read D&C 31: 3 and 6. It gave me comfort to know that my Heavenly Father is mindful of me and wants me here in Peru. I'm sorry, I have no time. I have seen the Lord work miracles in just a week and a half and I love it! Thanks for all your prayers! 

- Hermana Hicken

Mi compañera y Yo.


Making cookies at a member's home.

My area
Amazing food!
Last days at the CCM


No comments:

Post a Comment