Monday, October 19, 2015

FINALLY lima beans in Lima Perù ;)‏
Hola every one!! Yes, for the first time in my 8 weeks of being in Lima I have had lima beans!  Another crazy week aqui en Per'u. I really need to learn to organize my thoughts before I start typing. We have two new investigators. Josè and Josuè. They're awesome. I HOPE that they'll pray and find to know the truth. My Spanish is okay, it is getting better every day but it's really hard to share how I'm feeling and my testimony when I have no idea how to say anything. 

This is my Companion, HNA Aguilera and the dog is Charro. He followed us into our apartment and laid down on our floor and WOULDN'T MOVE!!!!!! Oh my, the smell was TERRIBLE!!!! Church was good! Josuè and Louis (a man that we contacted on the street) came to church. They both liked it, I think... We did exchanges with the Zone leaders and we also did service for a less active woman. It still amazes me how little the people have. 





Our Stove
Funny story, so this morning we were making breakfast as always and my companion had the bright idea to stick our tiny stove on her chair.... As you can see from the picture... it wasn't such a bright idea. Yeah, it started smoking AND there were flames!!! It was awesome! ;) 

I promise next week I’ll write more and be a little bit more organized. Humberto is doing well. He's still sick but He's accepting our message and he understands. Also, Latinas LOVE their fireworks. Every night, there are tons of fireworks. I've also realized this week, how true the statement is that God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called. I know NO Spanish, I barely know how to teach the gospel but I know that through Christ I can learn and through the Holy Ghost I can teach the people here. I hope everything at home is great! Love you all! - Hermana Hicken



arroz chaufa - my favorite!


The apartment


Coolest tree ever!! 




Cat relaxing on the next computer over.
(This is the place they go to rent computers for an hour to write letters home)

No comments:

Post a Comment