Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Qué en el Mundo

Alrighty!! All the North Americans taught the Latinos how to say "what in the world" and now, all the Latinos, including our teachers, say Qué en el mundo.  So there you go. 

Hi everyone!!! I'm doing pretty well. :)   So... remember the sister who didn't fly with us on August 26th? Well apparently she read her flight plans wrong and thought she left on a Wednesday not a Tuesday, so she had to go to the Provo MTC for two weeks, but now she's here so it's all good! 

We got new principantes which means that I’m an Intermedio!!! Funny story... so last Monday night I woke up at around 2:30 AM to someone in our room but I went back to sleep. When I woke up the next morning, there was a random sister in our room sleeping on the floor!!! I politely asked who she was and she woke up and introduced herself. She’s American and she flew in a day early... it was so weird!!
I’m going to go out of order. Sorry. 

So people in our district saw my music book and really wanted to sing the “As Sisters in Zion” medley. So we did and oh my, the spirit was so strong!!!! Also that Sunday, I bore my testimony to my district about the fireside we had had that night and the spirit was super strong there! We watched a fireside by Elder Cook and I took away a lot of great things, mainly just that a mission is an act of unconditional love. We also talked about how we always need to have the spirit with us to preach the gospel!  

My voice is better!! Yay!! Oh funny story... so, when we don’t want a ton of rice at dinner and lunch, we say "poco arroz" but one elder in my district said, "por qué arroz" which as we all know means “why rice”? It was hilarious.

It´s amazing how much you learn in one week here. I’ve memorized the first vision, the restoration lesson and the plan of salvation lesson all in Spanish!!  I also learned this week that we need to pray all day every day!! CADA DIA!!!! Es MUY importante!!! Heavenly Father wants us to talk to him and if we aren´t talking to him then we aren´t progressing and we aren't learning as much as we could be. In the field you pray 18 times a day. And that´s not counting the lesson prayers, the prayers in your heart, and the random prayers! Pray cada dia!! Another thing I learned in church is that the fullness of the gospel is here on the earth but every Thursday, the first presidency and the quorum of the 12 apostles receive more revelation. I thought that was cool... I can´t remember if I’ve said that before... :) José is crazy!! I don´t know how I feel about him but he likes our message (José is her teacher). We also got a new investigator named Camila. She´s awesome! We´ve taught her the restoration and the plan of salvation and she´s progressing. It´s crazy here, but awesome! I have pictures but I think I’ll send them to my mom and she´ll put them on my blog. I love you all. Thanks for the support!!! :)

- Hermana Hicken

The park outside the CCM





The Metro has things like what you'd buy from street vendors, that's where we got the crazy pants.



Casasitas- that's where we do the teaching




Me and my compañera

CCM water fountain

1 comment: